Thursday, April 19, 2007

Jamie's first NBA game

Thank you JP! JP is Danny's boss's boss's boss. While Danny was working in Atlanta JP offered us his NBA basketball tickets for the night (tuesday) since the local team, the Atlanta Hawks, were playing the Indianapolis Pacers. Danny checked with me and I said sure lets go! Those of you who know me know I am not a big sports fan -- but I know things are more fun in person so why pass up the opportunity.

IT WAS SO COOL! We walked around the whole stadium trying to find the gate to our seats and when we finally saw it we both looked at eachother with a big "No way!" on our faces. The seats we were given tickets to were in the "Club" section. It had a special area with 5-7 of its own resturants -- including some of Atlanta's finest. There was a wheel we each got to spin to win prizes (we won a t-shirt and 2 free drinks). And if you wanted food you could order it from your seat and someone would get in for you. The area also had its own restrooms...very nice for changing diapers. Sydney enjoyed all the people and only got fussy after her bedtime.

Our seats were only 5 rows back (not counting floor seats). The game was pretty good and I really enjoyed the extras (drumline, dancers, a live hawk, the mascot and the halftime show) I would say it was a great first NBA game for me (and of course it was Sydney's first too)!


The staff took our picture as we came in -- you can download it for free-- I thought that was very nice of them!


Danny and Syd play with the Thunder Sticks. Syd kept trying to eat them.


We sat in the little yellow circled area-- not bad at all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home