Tuesday, June 19, 2007

America's Got Talent . . . at least some of it does

Danny here! I have been saving a post about a trip I took at the beginning of May, because I was sort of under contract not to talk about it until it was over. Well, now it is over. Guinan and I were picked to be on America's Got Talent with a fellow Disc Dog performer Bill Camp and his dog Belle.

The trip out to L.A. was very stressful. I had to put my darling girl (Guinan) into the belly of the airplane. I stood at the window and made sure I saw them put her on board.



After a 4.5 hour plane ride we were picked up in a van and taken to the studio. Guinan was very excited to be traveling. In fact she called Shot-Gun for the trip out.



Bill, Belle, Guinan, and myself hung around in the dressing room with the other hopefuls for about 2.5 hours. So with some time to kill we got some pictures with the America's Got Talent Sign.




The first night we did interviews which took about 1/2 hour after they finally got to us.

It was a 2 day event, which meant we were put up for the night in a nice hotel. In fact the hotel catered more to the dogs than they did for us. The had a doggie goodie bag, a special dog bed and food dishes for the dogs in the room when we got there.



On the second day in L.A. we were actually put on Stage in front of the 3 judges: David Hasselhoff, Piers Morgan, and Sharon Ozbourne (who had a fourth judge - her dog Minnie - with her). They let us complete our whole Disc Dog routine. We only received one 'X' while performing and that was from Piers. After we were done they told us that we just didn't quite have what they were looking for. David said what we did he sees in the park. I want to know what park he is going to!

The trip back was uneventful. We didn't know if we were going to be on the show and if we were tonight was the night. And if you watched the show and did NOT blink, you will have seen me. We were on in the opening sequence with Guinan doing a vault off my back. It was about a half second long. Yee-haw.

Which means that if everyone is suppose to get 15 minutes of fame, I still have 14 Minutes 59.5 seconds still to go. :-)

2 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh shoot, I flipped right past that show last night!!! You didn't happen to record it, did you? I don't care if it was only a millisecond... you were on TV!! How cool is that?

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool, Danny! How brave of you to go on such an adventure. We look forward to hearing about more of them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home