Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We had another great year at Thanksgiving (BTW this is Sydney reporting!!). I had SO much fun. My Thanksgiving started by staying at Grandma and Grandpa Egg's house the night before Thanksgiving. I had a great morning and then when I got back home my other grandparents were there as well, we have a very large family!



My whole family seems to love Thanksgiving dinner. I made sure to take a picture of everyone at the table enjoying their meal.



Sorry I just had to throw in my John Travolta imitation (don't know how to have one hand up and one hand down yet :) but I love to dance!)

I had dad take a video of me with Grandpa to show how smart I have gotten with numbers (pretty good huh?).




And if I get a video with one Grandpa I had to have dad get a picture of me and Riker with the other Grandpa.



I was so full of energy that I ran about 30 laps around the circle in the house and dragged my Uncle Trever with me. Hear is my point of view on one of these laps, try not to get sick watching it. (Later we played this game again, and again -- Uncle Ben is good at it too!)




After dinner I setup the tripod and set the camera to take multiple pictures, and then I even figured out how to put them together in a collage (aren't I an overachiever)


Grandpa is a goof


Don't I have a great smile?

I thought that Mom deserved to be in a photo since she did 90% of the work to get the meal ready so here is a nice picture of Mom and Riker.



At about 5:30 the grown-up girls all left on a little adventure (SHOPPING), there was a one place that was open on Thanksgiving night for 3 hours and they were going for the sales, but I stayed home with the guys and Great Grandma. This is when they decided to get the Nintendo Wii game system out and play. Boy did things get competitive. Here is Grandpa Egg and Papa (Grandpa Fritz) playing Wii







Things turned ugly at this point. The guys played a game of tennis, Uncle Trever and Uncle Ben against Dad and Grandpa Egg. All was going well until Grandpa Egg had to hit a backhand, and not kidding the whole room heard him hit the backhand into Daddy's head, and then Daddy said he saw stars.



They then got a bowling game going and got GREAT Grandma Esther playing (she is 87), hear is a video of her doing a round in bowling.



I am so proud of my Great Grandma.

A little later the girls returned from their little adventure with their treasures.



Thanksgiving was a lot of fun for me (so many people to play with and entertain!) and I think everyone else had a blast too, can't wait until next year!

I hope you have enjoyed my blog about Thanksgiving half as much as I enjoyed Thanksgiving.

1 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Syd, I really enjoyed your blog about Thanksgiving. You have a wonderful family and are very lucky to be with them all on that special day. I know GOd will bless you with many more special days and look forward to watching them on your blog. Love, Linda W

 

Post a Comment

<< Home