Sunday, July 27, 2008

Skyhoundz Regionals 2008

This weekend was the Skyhoundz Regional (www.skyhoundz.com). It was a long, fun 1.5 days.



Friday night I headed to New Castle, IN. About 15 miles from before getting there I met Christina Curtis, fellow Disc Dogger, who is my pairs freestyle partner at a park to practice. This is a cool part of the comptition where you have 2 people and one dog doing a routine together. Because of Riker being born this year, and the price of gas we never worked out any times we could get together to practice for Regionals. So we practiced the night before, nothing like waiting until the last minute!

Saturday's competion was a FULL day full of lots of exciting routines and rounds of distance. My day started with Guinan doing a round of Distance and Accuracy, which we did pretty good in. We ended up in 2nd place out of 47 teams after one round. Potter didn't do too bad, he scored 7 points, a new record for Potter, which put him about 25 out of 47 teams, so that was great!

We then moved onto Freestyle. Guinan and I went out and did a round of freestyle, which I thought went pretty well and was a lot of fun to do.


This routine put us into 3rd place after all 35 freestyle teams went.

At this point the weather headed south for awhile.



Later after the rain stopped Potter and I competed in freestyle. We had a lot of fun. Didn't score real great, but he is coming along.



Then they had pairs freestyle, which meant that Christina, Guinan, and I (Our Team name is: Triple Treat) had to go. It was evident by our routine that we hadn't practiced much.




I won't bore you with all the details of the rest of the day, but here is where Guinan and I ended up placing on the day:

FREESTYLE-4th place (top 4 qualify for Worlds) - QUALIFIED
PAIRS Freestyle-2nd place (top 2 qualify for Worlds) - QUALIFIED
DISTANCE-we won! (top 4 qualify for Worlds) - QUALIFIED

I was very happy how the weekend went. My goal for the weekend was to qualify in the above 3 events, and that is exactly what I did. Now it is time to get ready for worlds!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home