Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Very Successful Disc Dog Practice

Danny here!

Just had to share the great success we had practicing with the dogs for disc dogging. And yes I said DOGS, and I don't mean 1 or 2 I mean ALL 3 of them. I started the practice with Guinan where we worked and had a great round of Distance and Accuracy and then ran through our Freestyle, which was the best it has been in awhile.

BUT then is when the REAL show started. I got Frodo out. For those of you who don't know Frodo is the Mascot of the team, because he just doesn't like to Disc Dogging. Well, I think the little dude has changed his mind. He was vaulting off of me for catches, which he already has done a bit. The BIG thing he was doing was chasing down 15 yard throws and catching them in the air while jumping. He was thrilled. I was thrilled. I think the new puppy has made him decide to play. I can't tell you how happy this makes me! I wish I had a video or picture of this but we weren't expecting much from him in the practice so we weren't prepared with the camera.

At this point I got out the new pup, Potter. He was great for his first Disc Dog practice with us. We did Rollers and takes. Here is a great still shot of him jumping for a take.




I didn't realize until I saw the video how high I was holding the disc. I will start holding it lower. :-)

Here are a couple of videos of him chasing down rollers and doing takes:






I think he may become a GREAT disc dogger in the future. If nothing else he will be a lot of fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home