Monday, December 15, 2008

Jamie is cracking up...

Danny here: Last Thursday I went to my friends house in Warsaw to help him build a workbench. We spent all day working on it. Later afternoon I called Jamie and she came down to Warsaw for dinner and to hang-out for the evening. We had a great evening, the kids had a great time too. Here is a nice picture of their two kids (Jonah and Claire) and Sydney, all hanging out by Claire's car seat. The evening seemed to be going along great.




Then it was time to head home. Since Jamie had come down later in the day we had two cars in Warsaw. So, we both needed to drive home. I was going to lead the way (with all the tools in the car), and Jamie was going to follow in the van with the kids. We went a different way out of our friends neighborhood. The neighborhood was very dark. I came up on a trailer parked on the wrong side of the road with no reflectors, I went out around it, and hoped Jamie had seen the BLACK trailer, I was wrong. I heard a crash behind me and saw the trailer move.

Everyone was fine, the trailer was fine, but the van was not quite so good.




We ended up staying the night at our friends' house (thanks again guys!), and then I managed to drive the van home the next morning, and reported the accident to the insurance company on the way home, setup an appointment for the van, and took it in to start on the repairs. The estimate is nearly $5,000 of damage. Thank goodness for insurance! The van will take until the 29th of December to be fixed, so we will be down to 1 car for quite awhile. I guess it was a good thing that I don't start my new job until then!

2 Comments:

At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that everyone is OK!

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad that Jamie and the kids are ok and the only thing damaged was the car. God is Good!!
love, Linda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home