Monday, May 25, 2009

Pass the Baton...

This is Daddy Egg here. Normally what we talk about here is all light hearted and just fun. There is nothing bad about this blog just a bit more serious (at least in my head). There are many milestones in life:

- Taking your first step
- Going to school for the first time
- Being allowed to go on a bike ride by yourself
- Going to stay at a friends house overnight
- Graduating
- Going to college (and being trusted)
- Getting my first apartment
- Getting married
- Buying a house
- Having children

These are big milestones that parents are very happy to see their children accomplishing, and children are very happy to accomplish. These are very important to me. But none of these are things that I remember seeing my parents do. So this weekend I had two smaller milestones that felt sort of like the passing of the Baton from my parents to me.

As all of you know Riker turned One on Friday, which meant it was time to change car seats for him. He now has a car seat that faces forward. The first time I was in the van and looked back and saw both kids looking back at me, I thought of all the places that we used to ride with my mom during the summers when dad was painting or roofing houses...


Baton pass number 1

The second situation that happened this weekend was Saturday morning: My dad bought us a used John Deere tractor for Christmas 2 years ago. This was an awesome gift! I used the tractor a ton last year and this spring. I had to replace 2 minor parts on the tractor since I got it, which is great for how old the tractor was (Dad only expected it to last us a year or two anyway). We decided it was time to look at getting a new one. After some research and talking with my dad I decided to by a brand new John Deere. On Saturday morning dad went with me to the John Deere store close by. He brought his trailer along so we were able to bring home my new tractor the same day. I was thinking on the way home how much I remember dad riding on HIS tractor all the time and how cool it was to watch him, and I realized that was about to be me!


Baton pass number 2

Thanks mom and dad, I hope we do you proud.

2 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Dean Ray said...

A man and his tractor---
what a beautiful thing!!!!!!!

Uncle Dean

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Linda from BC said...

Riker seems to really like facing forward in his car seat. Enjoy many more moments on your list together. The tractor is cool too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home