Monday, April 27, 2009

Rikers First Ride

With the weather getting so great outside I(Danny) decided that it was time to dust off the bike. Get the tires pumped up, hook up the trailer, and take the kids for a bike ride. I know that Sydney loves to ride, but it is time to find out what Riker thinks of the experience.




It went great. I thought the kids might not get along, being shoulder to shoulder the whole time, but they were great. They loved the ride. In face I kept hearing Sydney giving toys to Riker to keep him happy while they were riding along.

For our little trip I took us to my parents house (5 miles away). When we stopped Grandma took a picture of the 3 of us. Even thought Sydney's face looks like she could eat nails she truly is having fun.




We stuck around at there house for about 30 minutes and during that time Sydney thought that my bike helmet would be really cool to wear, and we found it a bit hilarious.




But as everyone knows if you bike 5 miles from home, you need to bike 5 miles to get back home. So, out to the bike we went, and both kids were actually happy to get back into the trailer, which was great to see.




The trip back was a lot more difficult. It was a very windy day and I had more of the tail wind on the way to my parents house. The wind was so bad Sydney was using a Frisbee that was back in the trailer to block her face from the wind. I was thinking, dude you just have wind in your face I have the drag of the bike, the trailer, 2 kids, and the wind in my face. It was still fun. As we turned down the street to our house I hear Sydney behind me say: "Daddy bike ride is FUN!!"

1 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Linda from BC said...

Cute riders. Glad they enjoyed the trip in their bike trailer.
Love, Linda from BC (yes we are back from Fla)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home