Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sydney's First Birthday

Yep, Sydney turned 1! It only seems like yesterday we were bringing her home from the hospital.

For the big occasion, Jamie thought she should use some of her great creative abilities and created a cake topper for the cake. (The giant bone cake and dog are what she made)



And no birthday is complete without some balloons, and boy did she love the balloons.



There is a tradition in the Eggleston household. Since I (Danny) was 1 or 2 not sure which, I have had the same birthday song (from "Zoom who lives on the moon") played for me every year. Yes, EVERY year. This year I had it played for me over a cell phone at 7:05 in the morning on the way to work. Well, we figured we might as well continue the tradition and got Sydney a personalized birthday song from Zoom for her first Birthday.


No Birthday is complete without a smash cake for the 1 year old. Here is a great video of her with her cake.



And then she had the joy of opening many wonderful gifts she received from people. But she was a good girl and read the cards (well I read them for her) first.



Overall the birthday girl was a very happy little girl!


3 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the Zoom record, too! "My name is Zoom and I live on the moon, and I came here to earth just to sing you this tune: Hey Chris, Happy birthday, today! Happy birthday Chris, see you next yeeeaaarrr!!!" That's cool you can still get those - although I'm sure they're in CD form these days:).
I loved seeing Sydney's b-day pictures. Great cake Jamie!!! And happy 1st birthday little Sydney!!!!
Love,
Christie (Almond) Negley

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't normally leave comment on our blog, but had to respond to Christie, THAT IS GREAT. I love that someone else had this and remembered it. "SPACE COMMAND TO ZOOM ALL SYSTEMS GO FOR YOUR MESSAGE TO ....."

Danny

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Happy Birthday Sydney! Great cake you had, there. From the looks of the video, it tasted as good as it looked. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home