Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Potter- Winter Training

With the long winter we have had I have moved to the basement to train with the dogs



I have worked with Guinan and Frodo, but my main focus has been Potter. I thought I would share a bit with his progress. I have been trying to get him to want the disc all winter with not much success, but then I had to take time off for my toe (see previous post), and when I came back it was a different story (absence makes the heart grow fonder?). His flips and catches got much better!



Distance has never been something he has liked to do much, even chasing rollers, but thought I would try 5-10 yards in the basement. We are having much better luck now.



And then there is vaulting. A no no, for young dogs, but a couple vaults on padded ground isn't too bad. He seems to be getting the hang of it!




We will keep you posted on his progress!

1 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a very interesting read! Jack very much enjoyed watching Potter practice. We watched the videos over & over & over! :)

Tiff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home